Rockngemshow.com conditions for customers
- Rockngemshow.com is not an e-shop. Ordering the specimen does not set up a contract. Rockngemshow.com website is a tool to arrange contact between exhibitor and customer and it does not play any part in the actual sale of the specimen.
- Although ordering does not close up a contract, customer expresses a binding interest in the specimen purchase by ordering it at rockngemshow.com. Rejecting the subsequent purchase is only possible in special cases such as if the specimen description does not follow reality or the specimen has some hidden flaws concealed by the exhibitor. In that case, the exhibitor did not obey exhibiting rules of this site and customer should report this to the website admin.
- The winning bidder is bound to purchase the specimen for his highest bid.
- Arrangement of the shipping is a matter between the customer and exhibitor, however, it is automatically assumed that the shipping fees are paid by the customer.
- When ordering the specimen, the customer gives consent to the website to provide his contact details to the exhibitor. His contact details are: name, surname, e-mail and phone number. Optionally, the customer can also provide an address to ship the specimen to. Rockngemshow.com will not provide the contact details of the customer to any other subject than to the exhibitor of the ordered specimen.
- If the exhibitor does not contact the customer after the order of the specimen is made, rockngemshow.com will not mediate the contact.
- If the customer is for any reason unsatisfied with the specimen after its purchase mediated by the rockngemshow.com site, he cannot request remedy from rockngemshow.com, he must communicate directly with the exhibitor. However, if the exhibitor did not follow the rules of the web site, the web administrator should be notified.
- The exhibitor can request blocking of certain customers. Those customers will not be allowed to order the particular exhibitor’s specimens. Blocking is the exhibitor’s decision and the blocked customer cannot ask the site admin to unblock his account. BA blocked customer can order other exhibitors’ specimens, but having been blocked by more than five exhibitors his account will be suspended completely.
- The rockngemshow.com admin reserves the right to temporarily or permanently disable customer account if he does not obey these rules.
Rockngemshow.com conditions for exhibitors
- Exhibitors must meet their respective countries legislation while selling specimens through rockngemshow.com website.
- This site will not tolerate dishonest exhibitors. Serious exhibitor misconduct (failing to deliver paid specimens, delivering specimen other than shown on the photos) will lead to immediate suspension of the exhibitor’s account.
- Rockngemshow.com site is focusing on good quality specimens. Although objective evaluation of the quality of mineralogical specimens is not straightforward, the admin reserves the right to remove the specimens which clearly disobey this rule. The admin also reserves the right to temporarily or permanently disable the account of an exhibitor offering poor quality specimens. Rockngemshow.com can be used to offer good quality faceted gemstones, but not cheap semi-precious stones and jewelry.
- By exhibiting a specimen in an auction the exhibitor is bound to sell the specimen to the winner for the price of highest bid (provided it is higher than the minimum price specified at the time of specimen publication). Specimen in an auction cannot thus be sold other way than through rockngemshow.com once the auction begins. The exhibitor is strictly not allowed to bid to his own specimens or order his own specimens, both personally or using proxy bidder.
- An exhibitor account is also a customer account (not the other way round). The exhibitor can thus order specimens of the other exhibitors. In such case, he is considered a customer and he must obey the above-described conditions for customers.
- Information about the specimens must be objective and complete. In particular, the exhibitor will emphasize any specimen flaws potentially reducing its price (such as glued broken specimens, formatting using cuts, etc.). The exhibitor will add photos into the specimen gallery. Specimen should be shown in several photos from different angles (including back-side), at least one of the photos should objectively demonstrate the size of the specimen (most preferable is using a ruler, but it is also possible to present a photo of the specimen held in a hand, etc.). The information about the size and weight must be found by measurement, not by a subjective estimation.
- Each exhibitor can upload certain number of specimens monthly depending on their status. Sold specimens do not count; neither do the specimens in the museum. Older specimens remain in the system until their expiration date (6 months, not applicable to auctions) and they do not count to the limits either. Deleting a specimen uploaded in the last month frees space for another one.
- The exhibitor can edit the specimen offered at the rockngemshow.com at any time (or even remove it from the system). Once the specimen expires, it is removed from the web automatically. The exhibitor can upload the expired specimen again in a standard way. This does not apply to auctions: specimens offered in an auction cannot be edited once the auction has started.
- If the exhibitor sells the specimen other way than through rockngemshow.com website he must remove it from the shop as soon as possible (either be deleting it, or, preferably, by putting it to “sold specimens” category). Such a specimen does not count up to the exhibitor’s limits. This does not apply to auctions: a specimen offered in an auction cannot be sold any other way than through rockngemshow.com.
- By offering the specimen at rockngemshow.com, the exhibitor gives to rockngemshow.com a consent to permanently list the specimen in the ‘Sold Specimens’ gallery if it is sold through the rockngemshow.com site. Specimens are shown in the gallery without the price tag and without the information about the exhibitor and ordering customer.
- Any exhibitor can ask the rockngemshow.com admin by email to block certain customers who will not be able to bid to his specimens or to order his specimens. A customer account will be suspended completely if it is blocked by more than 5 exhibitors.
- The site admin reserves the right to remove the specimens which do not follow these conditions.
- The site admin reserves the right to temporarily or permanently disable the account of such exhibitor who does not follow these conditions for exhibitors.
Record and protection of personal data
- The personal data will be treated in the following way: Contact information of the customer will only be provided to the exhibitor of the ordered specimen, upon the consent of the customer given by pressing the “Order” button. Contact information of the exhibitor will not be provided to the third parties.
- The rockngemshow.com site archives details of all performed transactions during last three months. They will be provided to the relevant state authorities should such request be made by a law enforcement entity.